Coordination and Support for Administrative Committees, as authorized or approved by the UP President
- UP Procurement Council composed of the Vice Chancellors for Administration, and CU Procurement Officers / BAC Chairs Chair: Assistant Vice President for Administration (AVPA);
- UP System Fiscal Policies and Operations Committee (SFPOC);
- UP System Personnel Committee (SPC);
- Regular and Special Bids and Awards Committees (BACs) for UP System procurement operations;
- UP System Disposal Committee of non-serviceable equipment, machinery and supplies, as required by the Commission on Audit (COA).
- UP System Administrative Personnel Committee (SAPC), as an advisory body to the President on merit selection for administrative staff;
- UP System Performance Evaluation Committee (PERC) to evaluate appeals on performance rating
- UP System Administrative Development Fund (ADF) Committee to evaluate requests from UP System administrative staff to attend conferences, meetings and skills development courses;
- Enhanced UP Hospitalization Programme (eHoPe) Committee to evaluate claims for exceptional cases. The eHoPe is an enhancement of the existing FAPHE. It covers hospitalization expenses up to a maximum of Php80,000 per employee plus Php10,000 for medicines, per year.
- UP Union & Management Committee (UMMC) to address concerns, grievances and matters related to the Collective Negotiation Agreements (CNAs) with the accredited unions: All UP Workers Union (AUPWU) and All UP Academic Employees Union (AUPAEU);
- Ad Hoc Committees and Technical Working Groups (TWGs) authorized and approved by the President.
UP System Fiscal Policies and Operations Committee (SFPOC)
- The Vice President for Administration chairs and coordinates the System Fiscal Policies and Operations Committee (SFPOC), with the Vice President for Planning & Finance as Co-Chair. The SFPOC has the following functions: review proposals on administrative and financial policy matters including incentives, honoraria, trust accounts, and investments from the various Constituent Universities (CUs) and units, for appropriate action and recommendations; propose improvements, formulate, review and recommend innovations in operational procedures and guidelines for standardized implementation throughout the UP System; and address COA concerns in audit reports;
- Implementation and monitoring of administrative and financial policies;
- Propose improvements in system-wide policies and sharing of best practices in building administration, utilities management, procurement and related services; and
- Formulate policies for the management, deployment, inventory, maintenance and security of university property and equipment.
maintenance and compliance with the requirements of the Anti-Red Tape Act (ARTA), posting of the UP Annual Procurement Plan (APP) in PhilGEPS; and related requirements under the Performance-Based Bonus (PBB).
Coordination on Security, Safety, Peace and Order, and Suspension of work
- Coordination with the UP Diliman Chancellor and other University officials in the formulation and implementation of policies for security, safety, peace and order with respect to UP System Offices.
- Coordination to advise the UP President on the suspension and resumption of work in UP System offices due to typhoons and other reasons.
Other Administrative Services
- UP Provident Fund: The Vice President for Administration also serves as the ex-officio Vice-Chair of the Board of Trustees of the UP Provident Fund, Inc.;
- Authorized to transact, negotiate and sign contracts with communication service providers; and serve as contact person for after-sale dealings;
- Support for special events and strategic initiatives; and
- Perform other functions assigned by the President.